Cultivator is an innovative project providing an integrated programme of skills and business development support for Small to Medium Enterprises in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly’s Creative Industries. It is funded by the European Social Fund, the European Regional Development Fund, Arts Council England and Cornwall Council.
These are some of the strands of support that Cultivator can offer, and if you are based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, registered with HMRC as a Creative Industries freelancer, sole trader or business and want to find out more, please ring the Cultivator office on 01209 312501.
- INTERNSHIP PROGRAMMES - designed to help Creative Industries SMEs invest in graduate and non-graduate interns to assist in the development of their businesses, by providing part funding towards the intern’s salary.
- SPECIALIST MENTORING - building a one-to-one relationship between an experienced mentor and an SME which wishes to reflect on its business, identify and bridge gaps, update knowledge and increase motivation. Cultivator will contribute towards the cost of a mentor, up to £1,000.
- SECTOR SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE & PEER SUPPORT PROGRAMME - led by partner Plymouth University’s Faculty of Art and Humanities , this scheme is designed to support businesses with aspirations to collaborate, grow and expand by providing unique in-depth and ongoing strategic and operational support from a team of thought leaders, academic experts and practitioners over a three-year period.
- BESPOKE SUPPORT FOR CREATIVE GRADUATE START-UPS - In partnership with Cornwall College, support will be given to 24 Creative Industries graduate start-ups to identify studio workspace, with the opportunity to apply for a small grant towards rent. Bespoke packages of support will be provided, including mentoring and coaching.
- BESPOKE EXPORT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME - in partnership with Business West - UK Trade & Investment’s SW delivery partner. This 'ready for export' support provides a unique intensive 12 month programme, including sector specific workshops and coaching support, helping businesses to identify potential markets and guidance to become export ready. On completion, businesses accessing the programme can apply for funding to support the cost of export investigation
- CREATIVE INVESTMENT GRANTS - A rolling programme of grants of up to 80% of eligible costs up to a maximum of £5,000. This element is specifically designed to improve the growth capability of small Creative Industries businesses by helping them to raise performance across key areas, including the use of innovation and the adoption of best practice.